4SQRP 1883, UTF, CFT #105, CTC #1271,SKCC #4707, NAQCC #3909, CFT QRP CLUB #20, CT QRP CLUB #026, Norcal QRP Club, EPC #18980, DMC #5662, HPC # 487, NDG # 1240, BCS # 857, FH # 3841, WSC # 233 .

samedi 18 juin 2022

1 er Week-end national QRP - Compte rendu par IN3AQK Paolo

 

 It's been six month that I spend my weekends out of my habitual QTH in Bolzano, northern part of Italy in the Dolomiti Mountains area.

I'm spending my weekends in Verona, in the home of my mother building a Camper from an old Van with my son Simone.
I have been operating in Qrp since I'm licenced in 1979, so on these occasions I put my rig and antenna in the backpack ready to operate from everywhere.
Building a camper in the backyard is demanding but in the pause between a screw, an hole and cutting a piece of wood it's also possible to erect an antenna in the garden and create a station in the garage!
On Sunday there was the Italian ARI sections contest with a lot of stations on air and I made 15 qso in about an hour with qrp power and 40 meters ssb.
During the week I've built a micro random wire 9:1 unun adapter with a 12 meters wire and a 3D printed housing.
This was the best occasion to test it, throw the wire on a tree and start to call.

The station:
  • Black and decker desk, with clamps
  • Icom 705
  • 12 V battery
  • ZM-2 Tuner
  • random wire 9:1 unun adapter with a 12 meters wire
  • 5 meters counterpoise
  • 37, 5 degrees and a lot of water
The antenna worked well in 40 meters, so with minimal effort I Had the possibility to operate from a Garage with the antenna passing through the door!
Some photos attached to the email.
Feel free to share if you think it's valuable. I authorize the use of the text and photos but give me the link.
I'm also on Facebook.
This is my blog: Homebrewing blog 
I'm also a member of the MQC Mountain Qrp Club, but in Verona I was at sea level!!

73 de IN3AQK Paolo





1 commentaire: